Sunday 15 June 2008

Daddys Day and 5 Weeks to Go (Damo's B-log)

Its Daddy's day today and I have been up in the night with the youngest, woke up early by the eldest and given two beautiful smiles and a present this morning...all that and the sun is shining..what else do you need?

Rode to work and back on Friday which was 60 miles and then rode another 21 miles on saturday morning..was going to do longer but I forgot my pump and was thinking about going to the shops to buy some gear for the ride...which for the record ....5 weeks today we will be at the start, having our photo taken and getting ready to ride the first days ride of 88 miles...its all very exciting and becoming very real now.

I will of course be spending Daddy's day with the kids..but I am hoping to get out on the bike today if only for 15 mile to keep the momentum of cycling daily (or as often as possible) up. I will also be writing my packing list and ensuring I have everything I need or know what is left to buy.

It did rain for most of my ride back from work on Friday and I did realise that I am not really that well geared up for when it rains...so I have added some very good quality rain gear and some mudguards (regardless of how they may look on my trek madone) as I don't fancy a wet spongy behind each day. If anybody has any recommendations for really good quality wet weather gear then please let me know.

As mentioned earlier I went to the camping shop yesterday and spent some hard earned cash on a sleeping bag, mat, stove etc which all helped with the excitment that this is now going to happen soon and we really are doing it.

I have 4 weeks now of hard training with the last week being a bit of a rest week....so the countdown begins.

No comments: