Sunday 13 July 2008

60 Mile Training Run (Damo)

Managed to get out yesterday for 3hrs 50min and did 60 miles....pretty pleased about that as it was my last major training run....obviously felt like I had ridden 60 miles after it and into the evening but that didn't stop playing with the kids and going to the pub for dinner and a couple of the old recovery amber nectar :)

Felt pretty good yesterday riding and am now convinced that the reason I always feel better at the weekend is that in the week I am normally woken by the kids in the night (regardless of whether Lynn or I get up to them), I get up at 6:15am, go to work and then come home and try to ride 30 mile upto about 20:30...no wonder I feel knackered more in the week. Anyway bags are half packed, a couple of cheeky 10 milers this week just to keep the legs moving and I am ready for blast off. Also we are about £700 off our £10k target which is just fantastic and I hope we will get there before the challenge but if not I'm sure we will get it to £10k before we return.

Actions wise I still need to do the last 2 days waypoint mileage splits for the route cards which takes a couple of hours and then Lynn and I (more Lynn because she's good like that)...have to pull together the info folder for the whole journey. I still need to just call round the accommodation to make sure we are still booked in...not so worried about that as we have tents and can go anywhere if required....really looking forward to the camping bit of this now as I haven't camped in years and used to do it all the time when I was growing up..so all in all I feel as ready as I will ever be knowing that the first few days are going to be sore and probably the middle bit.....and come to think of it the end!!!

Can't wait now, I am very excited.

toddle pip.
Damo

No comments: