Thursday 17 July 2008

The Night Before (Damo)

Well this is it, the night before we leave for Dumfries and then a small sleep over friday and heading upto Wick on Saturday ready for the Sunday morning start. I am all packed and rearing to go although I have just had a minor panic at the thought of leaving my wonderful children (Isabelle 3 and Olivia 1) and of course Lynn (the very supportive wife). I have now got plenty of photos of them to take with me to look at over the next 10 days until I see them again in Monmouth.

I am now very excited at the thought of starting on Sunday and even though I have made the most organised packing list available to man I am still sure I am going to have forgotten something (note to self: don't forget the bike). What is a great feeling tonight is the fact that we will be starting our challenge with the knowledge that we have surpassed our £10,000 target and we are actually on about £10,500 and counting....how fantastic is that. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those people that have very kindly sponsored us and have been so generous with their support of us....so thank you to each and everyone of you....you know who you are.

Also thank you to Hampsons Van hire for giving us so much support with the van, CalMac Ferries for funding all the costs of our ferry crossings, EON for providing us with cycling gear and more importantly match funding, Quorndon Brush Ltd for such huge sponsorship and Andy for providing the signage on the cycling tops.

I plan on sending a blog each evening covering the days events and hopefully some photos as well so please come back regualrly and provide comments as we like to know people are reading our blog.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my wife Lynn who has put up with me for the last 6 months spending every waking hour either training, planning and organising or talking about this challenge...and also for her support in completing some of the actions....particularly pulling together the JOGLE info folder which provides us with all the details we need to know to get us from one end to the other....

I will sign off now and the next blog you read will be of us having started our journey....here goes....

Toodle pip for now
Damo

1 comment:

sr said...

Good luck guys. I hope you have better weather than myself and have a tail wind all the way.

Stu